- Health and Well Being
- Youth Programs
- Youth Sports
- Special Events
> Home Page > Programs > Health and Well Being > HEALTHY INNOVATIONS > ACTIVELY CHANGING TOGETHER - ACT!
ACTIVELY CHANGING TOGETHER - ACT!ACT! is a 12 week program for youth 8-11 years and their parents promoting healthy nutrition, activity, and lifestyles. The ACT! Program appeals to children and parents alike by providing engaging, fun, and unique activities. By actively changing together, parents and kids can learn how to develop healthy lifestyle habits as a family. Specially trained Y staff offer guidance and encouragement for eating well, playing often, and preventing health conditions associated with being overweight.
The ACT! Program includes:
- One 90-minute group session per week for 12 weeks
- Y family membership to use between weekly sessions
- A nutritionist and physical activity coach lead each session
- Parents join the program together with their kids
- Energizing games, activities, and light meals
- Offered twice a year (fall and winter)
Doctor referral is required to participate. Referrals are welcome year-round.